Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I contact you?
We can discuss your communication preferences during the onboarding process, however normal means of communication are email, telephone and skype.
- Can we meet in person?
If schedules allow then face to face meetings are possible. However, travel time is charged at whichever hourly rate you have purchased.
- What is the benefit of the retainer package?
With a retainer you are guaranteeing my services for the amount of time you have purchased. The PAYG rate is subject to my availability and retainer clients will take priority.
- How can I can I keep track on how tasks are being completed?
I use an online project management tool which tracks all tasks and projects at every stage. It’s totally customisable and interactive so you can have access and make comments.
- How do you calculate the number of hours you’ve been completing work for me?
I use an online time tracking system to keep an accurate account of the time I’ve spent working on tasks and projects for you. At the end of the invoicing period I will attach a detailed report that shows the time spent working.
- How can I share documents securely?
I use a cloud based file sharing system (fully GDPR compliant) that I will give you access to so we are able to share files safely.
- Can I carry over unused hours from my retainer package to the next month?
No. My time each month is planned and accounted for and I don’t have the capacity to carry over unused hours.
Legal & Compliance
- Are you registered for AML (anti money laundering)?
Yes. I am a registered bookkeeper with the IAB (international association of bookkeepers) who are one of the 22 Professional Bodies who have been granted supervisory status under the Money Laundering Regulations 2017 by UK Parliament
- Are you GDPR (data protection) compliant?
Yes. I am ICO registered and data protection agreement is to be signed by all clients before work commences.
- Do I need to sign a contract?
Yes. A Virtual Assistant Agreement is required to be signed by all clients.
- Do you have insurance?
Yes. I have Professional Indemnity insurance up to a value of £1m.
Charges & Payments
- Is there a minimum number of hours in need to purchase for PAYG?
Yes, 2 hours minimum must be purchased.